Modular Air Handling Systems
Air Handler is used to circulate the air throughout the indoor system. The air handler unit consists of different units which includes filters, blowers and coils. The working of Air Handler is as it pulls air in and it passes the air over the coils for cooling and heating, and then it throws it back to the indoor unit through the duct system. Basically, Air Handler is the part of the AC System that ensures the treated air reaches to every part of the indoor unit. It is not only used to pump cleanroom air but they also offer advanced climate control features that are not offered by fan filters.
Air Handler Features:
- It is used to recondition and circulate the air every part of indoor unit.
- It saves the cleanroom floor space by mounting the floor outside the indoor unit.
- It uses a pre-filter to clean the air and for conditioning it uses the coil.
- In AHU heating and cooling recovery exchanger is normally fitted to the AHU to save energy and increase capacity.
Air Handler Components:
- Pre-Filters : It is the first filter which is installed in the Air Handling Unit to prevent dust particle particle to pass through air. It can also be called micro filter and is around 5 micron that means particles of more than 5 microns per cubic ft cannot pass through that filter.
- AHU Fans : They are used to pump air and creates difference in the pressure of the airflow. There are different types of fans used in the HVAC System but the commonly used fans are axial fan, Forward curved centrifugal fan, Backward-inclined fan.
- Fan Coil Unit : A Fan Coil Unit is the simple devices which is used for heating and cooling effect. It is one of the part of HVAC System which is found in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. It is controlled either by manually or by thermostat.
- Mixing Chamber : It has a first inlet, second inlet and an outlet. The first one receives the first air stream into it, second one receives the second air stream and the last one discharges a mixed airflow into it.